FEX 2204 Tagged!
A fairly late release this month. @Sonicadvance1 was busy.
That said, this month was fairly slow while other work is coming online.
- CPUID changes so that pressure-vessel/proton can see FEX
- Memory usage optimizations by deleting objects after it is no longer used
- GDBServer improvements to make it slightly better to use
- Various bug fixes. Thanks to the users that reported these.
- Adds 4000_0001h function
- Allows guest applications to check the hypervisor for FEX-Emu
- Delete IR after it is used
- Lowers FEX memory usage
- Fixes https://github.com/FEX-Emu/FEX/issues/1618
- Could have caused a crash in the signal handler
- Removes unused debug data
- Fixes SIGILL on unsupported host instructions
- Fixes FNINIT
- FCW wasn’t initialized correctly. Fixes a Visual Novel game engine CPUID initialization code.
- Emit identification string in the code buffers
- Adds comment to EmitDetectionString
- Get long divide out of the hot path
- Fix realpath failed on debian buster
- Fixes MAP_32BIT supported range
- Updates AArch64 fit for Clang 14
- Fixes FSCALE
- Flush log on asserts
- Change page define usages over to self-defined
- Adds missing include
- Adds a cmake option for forcing a termux build
- Disables GUI applications in a Termux build
- GDBServer improvements: Three’s a crowd
- Gdbstub improvements: The sequel
- GDBServer improvements
- Adds hypervisor CPUID information
- Remove stale text
- Update ReleaseProcess docs for Termux
See the 2204 Release Notes or the detailed change log in Github.
Written on April 19, 2022